Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
toshiba CZ32T31

jamaica
New User

Sep 13, 2007, 5:04 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1034 views)
Shortcut
toshiba CZ32T31 Can't Post

wondering if its the micro precessor gone bad tv comes on when plug in outlet power button dont work volt ok on switch reomove micro plug in still comes on no raster with or without ic

rrobor
Veteran

Sep 13, 2007, 6:52 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jamaica] toshiba CZ32T31 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a power switch problem to me. If you have a power relay then I suspect thats locked on, if its a transistor switching arrangement then thats gone short. The micro believes the set is off that is why you have a blank screen. It also could be the Eprom

jamaica
New User

Sep 13, 2007, 5:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] toshiba CZ32T31 [In reply to] Can't Post

am going to check that but if i remove the micro and plug it in the set power up still, what do think (screen is still blank)

rrobor
Veteran

Sep 14, 2007, 12:43 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jamaica] toshiba CZ32T31 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ill try again. The power supply should in some manner feed 5V to the micro which it may be doing, the micro then sends a power up signal to a startup circuit to switch the TV on. The micro also controls contrast colour etc. Now the micro has not switched the set on but the set has come on. the micro though is not setting all the settings so you have a grey screen. The fault is the switching of the power can not be turned off. This is unlikely to be the micro, if you have a diagram, find the micro power pin, that should be able to be high or low by hitting the power on /standby. If its a transistor switch, chances are B+ went high and shorted the transistor. If its a relay, listen to it as you cut the mains, it should click. Stick a screwdriver on it and hold your ear to the handle.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)