Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
tv shuts off

tkerner
New User

Feb 26, 2012, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1221 views)
Shortcut
tv shuts off Can't Post

We bought a cheap Dynex tv for our bedroom that we don't really use very much. For the past couple of weeks, it turns on fine but after about 30 seconds the screen goes black and we get a "please wait..." message. Then it will return to what we were watching. It does this probably every minute or two while it's on. Any ideas on easy fixes? It was a fairly inexpensive tv but we've only had it for a year and a half so I wouldn't think it would be fried already but who knows!

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 26, 2012, 10:31 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkerner] tv shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

Does it do it on Tuner?
Does it do it on AUX input?
Does it do it on HDMI input?
Etc.
Etc.

Of course, I could have tried to find out which inputs it has via an owner's or service manual, but since a lot of people seem to think we can devine the Brand, the item's approximate age, whether it's a CRT, LCD OR PLASMA TYPE SET, as well as the model or chassis number... Angelic

-------------------------

tkerner
New User

Feb 27, 2012, 2:49 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] tv shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a Dynex 32" LCD, DX-32L150A11, we bought it in Nov 2010. We tried it with HDMI and it still does it. We do not have any devices connected to it I'm not sure about AUX input.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012, 3:51 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkerner] tv shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

With Dynex TVs this "Please Wait" message means please wait for the garbage truck then chuck it in! ha ha

Just kidding, what's the model number of your Dynex & I'll check through my notes & let you know if I find anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)