Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
vertical problem1

thankU4help
New User

Aug 21, 2007, 4:57 AM

Post #1 of 3 (781 views)
Shortcut
vertical problem1 Can't Post

Picture compresses vertically, centered (not at top or bottom), and the size of the compression varies from almost full screen to about 1/4 the screen. Also has several horizontal lines (not rolling). If I tip the set or bump it right, it fixes it temporarily. It could stay fixed for a while until touched, vibrated, or buttons or remote is used. 90's model Sanyo.
This may very well be a simple problem. I've never worked on a tv and rarely have I had problems or had repairs done. Any advice would be great.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 21, 2007, 5:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thankU4help] vertical problem1 [In reply to] Can't Post

You have a faulty connection on the vertical IC, You would need to be able to solder and have equipment yo do that to fix this. Also whilst you are doing that, most of the vertical capacitors will be close to their end so these should be changed whilst there.

sheldonstv
New User

Sep 22, 2007, 1:01 PM

Post #3 of 3 (719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] vertical problem1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehave a good look at the soldered joints to do with the frame ic......with the set off try and lightly wiggle the heat sink or push the heatsink lightly downwards and see if the pins of the frame ic come away from the pcb track connections
mike

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)